Deadbeats Hall of Lame
Attack 3: Web Board Chaos
March 8, 2001
Seems a little background is in order, although the details are not clear to me. It appears that I smacked some spammer pretty hard, and rather than learn from their mistake and move on, they chose to organize an attack against me by rallying some of their other luzer-buddies into a minor frenzy and pointing them to my web site. Enclosed below is a complete record of the attack, which only lasted a few hours. The attack was stopped when I disabled the interactive features of the web site, which included the web board, guestbook, mailform and user-added links pages.
This problem apparently started in the morning as somebody took some "initiative" and went ahead and forged my name for subscribing me to a bunch of mailing lists.
Subject: Welcome to Lists.com Entertainment list
Subject: Welcome to Lists.com Contests list
Subject: Welcome to Lists.com Free Stuff list
Subject: Welcome to Lists.com Business Opportunities list
Subject: Welcome to Lists.com Auctions list
Subject: Welcome to Lists.com Webmasters list
Subject: Welcome to Lists.com Internet shopping list
Subject: Welcome to Lists.com Sports list
More information can be found at: 2001 Lists.com Edition
Here is the portion of the attack that was organized, more or less.
- Subject: What's your problem?:
- Subject: i love spam: Obviously Python-inspired annoyance from the most prolific abuser in this event.
- Subject: Spam is Good for the Economy: Amazing. Theft is good? Sorry, not buying it.
- Subject: I just signed you up for free catalogs!!!!!!!!!!!: Probably explains above and some below.
- Subject: Spam Hater sucks cock for fun and profit: Nothing better than a little libel.
- Subject: Re: i love spam: A moron replies to the above in the message thread.
- Subject: I love Spam: Someone with WAY too many problems.
- Subject: spam is god's will!: Interesting. Doesn't the 10 commandments condemn theft and lying?
- Subject: I am spamming you: Actually, this person is merely annoying me.
- Subject: spam is the american way, communist cock-sucking bastard!!: Coming from France. Must be some French spammer I got nuked a while back.
- Subject: Anyone ever seduce a telemarketer?: Someone wanting details. Maybe they want a "how to"?
- Subject: Please confirm your subscriptions: A gift from the above abuser?
- Subject: Please confirm your subscriptions [email@example.com/4154] : More presents for me?
- Subject: Viva Spam!: Thinks spamming and hookers are life. So sad!
- Subject: ArcaMax Free Sites - Free Subscription Confirmation!: Still more gifts for me?
- Subject: ArcaMax Bible Verses - Free Subscription Confirmation!: Really, the spammer shouldn't have!
- Subject: Re: spam is the american way, communist cock-sucking bastard!!: Obviously another hopeless spammer thinking they will get away with it.
- Subject: Re: Spam Hater sucks cock for fun and profit: Someone trying to counter the above libel.
- Subject: Entry to the Anti-Spam Guestbook: Someone alerting me to the attack in progress.
- Subject: this site sucks: Obviously one of my critics.
- Subject: It seems the only place the millenium bug hit was this site...: The only good thing coming out of this attack was the alert that the CGI was not Y2K compliant.
- Subject: This is going to be big -- really big.: Yeah, so big it took all of 30 seconds to counter.
- Subject: angry spammer on fuckedcompany.com: Another warning with both threads.
- Subject: SPAM, YOU SCREAM, I SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR SPAM: Scream for? Scream AT more likely.
- Subject: FC Satellite lunch: All sorts of errors in this posting.
- Subject: Spam is going to be big -- really big.: Dillusions sure are fun. So big, it's being banned everywhere.
- Subject: All your spam are belong to us: Lame Star Trek Parody.
- Subject: Re: look into the pages: More from the biggest abuser in this event. The attempt to poison the threads was pointless and easily countered.
- Subject: i love spam: Pointless email.
- Subject: FUCK SPAMMERS: Well, in support, but my, such language.
- Subject: Entry to the Anti-Spam Guestbook: Retarded spammer.
- Subject: Entry to the Anti-Spam Guestbook: Directly attacking a previous guestbook posting.
- Subject: Re: FUCK SPAMMERS: More stupidity from the biggest abuser due to a previous post in supoprt of my site.
- Subject: Re: FC Satellite lunch: An attempt to counter the previous post
- Subject: Re: angry spammer on fuckedcompany.com: Possible explanation of this behavior.
- Subject: I Love Spam: Pointless posting.
- Subject: Are Belong to Us: Could they try to be original?
If you are one of the dilweeds who sent me unsolicited email or are someone thinking about it, drop dead.
Also, if you've got a complaint about my anti-spam feelings or want to scold me for being justifiably sick of spam, I have the following words of wisdom for you:
BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS!
Anyone else, I'd like to hear from you. Click below and drop me a line.
Anti-Spam Site administrator